Dr. Xiaohui Tao, PhD
Dr. Xiaohui Tao is Full Professor and Lead of Computing Discipline in the School of Mathematics, Physics and Computing at the University of Southern Queensland (UniSQ), Australia. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and ACM, and an active researcher in AI. Dr. Tao received his Ph.D. in Information Technology from Queensland University of Technology, Australia, which has led to research in data analytics, machine learning, knowledge engineering, natural language processing, and health informatics. During his research career, Tao has attained a wealth of knowledge and experience with massive data sets and delivering solutions to complex research and development problems. His research outcomes have been published in 150+ papers across many top-tier journals (e.g., TKDE, INFFUS, IPM, etc.) and conferences (e.g., AAAI, IJCAI, ICDE, CIKM, etc). Tao is the recipient of an Australia Research Council Grant, an Australian Endeavour Research Fellowship, along with several other awards from respected professional bodies and organisations.
Tao has been a very active volunteer and leader in the intelligent informatics fields. He has held leadership positions within many IEEE sponsored conferences, including Chair (or Co-chair) of program committees in WI '17, '18, WI-IAT '21 and BESC '18 and '21. He is Editor-in-Chief of Natural Language Processing Journal, Elsevier and IEEE Intelligence Informatics Bulletin (the flagship communication forum for the IEEE Technical Committee of Intelligent Informatics), and Managing Editor of Web Intelligence Journal, IOS Press. He has also been an editor or guest editor in many top-tier journals such as INFFUS and WWWJ, and a regular reviewer of TKDE, TPDS, TII, TCC, TSC, INFFUS, IPM, and TDSC, etc. Currently, Tao is leading a research group on intelligent data engineering and analytics that develops algorithms and systems with real-world impact.
- The Pursuit of Human-centered AI for P4 Medicine, at Conference on Integration of Data Science, Information Management and Digital Technology into Health and Medical Research, November 24-25, 2022, Gold Coast, Australia
- Towards Human-centered AI with Endeavour to Understand Natural Languages, at the Tenth International Conference on Advanced Cloud and Big Data (CBD 2022), November 4-5, 2022, online
- Explainable AI for Mental Health, at the Digital Health Research Group, a Community of Practice of Australian researchers, 09 September 2022, online
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining: Techniques, Applications and Trends, at the Graduate Research School, University of Southern Queensland, 08 September 2022, online
- Human-centred AI: Some Explorations on Adopting AI for Social Good, at the ITEE Data Science Seminar, University of Queensland, Brisbane, 17 August 2022
- Graph-based multi-label disease prediction using medical domain knowledge, at 2021 IEEE International Conference on Digital Society and Intelligent Systems (IEEE-DSInS 2021), 4 Dec 2021 (online)
- AI in the Connected World: Brain Informatics for Mental Health, at the 2nd Workshop on Web Intelligence meets Brain Informatics in conjunction with the 14th International Conference on Brain Informatics (BI 2021), 18 September 2021 (online)
- Artificial Intelligence for P4 Medicine: An Exploration on Mental Healthcare, at University of Chile, Santiago, Chile, 26 August 2021. (online)
- Online Student Behaviour Modelling using NLP and Neural Networks, at the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK), Hong Kong SAR, May 2021. (online)
- Detecting Depression an Ensemble Classifier based on Quality of Life Scales, at the Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK), Hong Kong SAR, May 2021. (online)
- W2T Supports the Four Ps Medicine in the Connected World, at the International Workshop on Brain Health Big Data and Brain-Machine Intelligence in the Four Ps Medicine of 5G Era, Haikou, December 2019
- Knowledge Discovery for Personalised Clinical Decision Support for P4 Medicine, Renmin University, Beijing, December 2019
- W2T Supports the Four Ps Medicine in the Connected World, at the Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, December 2019
- Knowledge-based Personalised Healthcare, at the Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAC, 4 November 2019
- Knowledge-based Personalised Service for Healthcare, at the Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, October 2019
- Adoption of Ontology for Business Intelligence, at the Renmin University, Beijing, 2017.
- Ontology-based Personalised Information Gathering Model, at the Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunica-
tions, China, 2017
- Ontology-based Personalised services, at the Hubei University of Technology, China, 2017.
- Visualisation using Graph Theory for Data Analytics on Big Data, at the e-Discovery Research Lab, QUT, 2016.
- Semantic labelling for document feature patterns using ontological subjects, at Beijing University of Technology, China, December 2015.
- Finding Alternative Routes to Deal with Internet Congestions, at the Console Inc. (previously IIX Inc.), Brisbane, September 2015.
- Ontology-based Personalised services and applications, at City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, November 2015.
- Ontology-based User Profiling and personalised Services, at the Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, September 2013.
- Ontology Based Personalised Service Model and Its Applications, at the Committee Meeting in 2012 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI-IAT 2012), Macau, China, 7 December 2012.
- Where Global Knowledge Meets Local Knowledge, at the Southern China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, 26 November 2012.
- User Profiling Exploiting A World Knowledge Ontology, at the Athens University of Economics and Business, Athens, Greece, 15 September 2012.